• Five or more years’ experience in the installation and maintenance of Avaya/Nortel/Cisco Systems is required.
• One or more years of PBX system administration experience is required.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision
• Must have good communication and customer interface skills.
• Skills should be sufficient to be a “Lead Technician” and mentor apprentice’s
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong problem solving, decision making skills and negotiation skills required.
• Ability to work with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, & Excel.
• Ability to be trained on customer and/or NACR ticketing system.
• Must be certified on Avaya/Nortel/Cisco Systems, as required.
• Willing to work during night shift or mid shift.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform installation and maintenance of Avaya/Nortel/Cisco Systems and associated equipment. Ensure quality install/repair of equipment to manufacture standards, network connectivity, WAN/LAN connectivity, cabling/wiring install/repair, and station install/repair.
• Perform software and firmware updates to system processors, servers, gateways, system circuit packs, IP stations, and associated equipment.
• Perform Move, Add, Change and Disconnects (MACD) as required.
• Performs maintenance analysis and trouble shooting on Avaya/Nortel/Cisco Systems, adjuncts, associated station/terminal equipment, and associated peripheral equipment.
• Keeps detailed records of MACD and maintenance tickets, trouble resolution, documentation, and emails related to installation and maintenance activity.
• Provide cutover support, out of hours testing and support whenever called upon.
• Be available to travel or work between multiple locations.
• Attend training classes, management meetings and conference calls as required.
• Receive assignments and work directly with the telecommunications staff, network administrators, and customer staff for the supported products, systems and end users.
© KMC Solutions 2018. All rights reserved.