The Dev Ops Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities. The DevOps Engineer will interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels with clients, vendors, partners, and all levels of staff within the company.
Requirements Gathering, Design, Development, Deployment, Maintenance (80%)
- Evaluates existing applications and platforms and provides recommendations for improving performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
- Perform automated/load tests and address any issues.
- Assists in the gathering of business requirements.
- May write functional specifications
Design, Development and Deployment
- Creation of technical design documentation.
- Present design concepts and implementation plans to colleagues and business management.
- Assess priorities and plan approach to ensure efficiency.
- Translates business and technical requirements into test cases, test scenarios and scripts
- Develop/build of software solutions to meet business requirements.
- Installs and configures solutions
- Develops and/or implements reusable components.
- Performs maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations.
- Assists with setup and maintenance of test environments for both manual and automated testing.
- Deploys new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- Creation and management of detailed documentation to detail systems which have been developed.
- Assists in establishing requirements, methods and procedures for routine maintenance.
- Performs ongoing routine application maintenance tasks
Other activities [20%]
- Special projects for CTO and Lead Development Engineer
- Perform delivery of project tasks
- Continuous improvement activities