2D ARTIST LEAD
KMC Work Location: SM AURA
Location: Taguig City, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2021-09-29
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-C3BD263
Career Category: Computer Hardware Systems
2D Art Lead
Full Time - Remote / Work from Home
We are looking for an Art Lead who is eager to join and work with a strong and passionate team that creates strategy games and fantasy worlds. As someone who will be on top of the art team, you will be responsible for assuring the art quality in visual development of existing titles as well as new IP within the studio. You are expected to provide the art team with proper direction, instruction, and feedback, in line with the Producer and Game Director. You will also be using your passion for great art to regularly suggest and drive positive improvements to the game, both visually and as a whole.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with other leads and the Producer to institute a good, structured, and organized workflow, systems, and processes for artists that can provide feedback mechanisms in line with a project’s schedule and resources.
- Provide feedback on art deliverables and ensure its adherence to the project’s direction and standards of quality.
- Support artists in your team via instructional methods such as training, collaboration, or feedback, to improve their process and output for project deliverables.
- Support production and management roles by providing estimates and feedback on quantitative figures that support the production of art assets.
- Actively lead and communicate production methodologies and art pipelines that would improve production workflows to be implemented by other artists.
- Help in analyzing and evaluating other art-related asset submissions from team members.
- Explore new techniques and technologies, while expanding and refining your own artistic skill and sharing these to the team
Skills and Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years working in the game industry as a concept artist or illustrator
- Deep understanding of lighting, composition and mood
- Strong sense of anatomy and shape language
- High level of drawing and illustration skills both in digital and traditional mediums
- Vast imagination, able to visualize and interpret and communicate ideas of other people
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Has a strong game sense, passion for games
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Willingness to grow and learn
- Able to adapt to new ideas and experiences