ACCOUNT RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST
KMC Work Location: ARMSTRONG CORPORATE CENTER
Location: Makati, NCR
Date Posted: 2023-09-20
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-ACA5797
Career Category: Accounting & Finance
Roles and Responsibility
- Account Receivables Management: Proactively manage the accounts receivable portfolio to ensure timely collection of outstanding payments from customers and clients.
- Collections Activities: Initiate and conduct collections activities via phone calls, emails, and letters, focusing on establishing communication with delinquent accounts to negotiate payment plans or resolve any issues causing payment delays.
- Dispute Resolution: Investigate and resolve any billing discrepancies or disputes promptly, working collaboratively with internal teams and customers to find appropriate solutions.
- Payment Reconciliation: Accurately reconcile payments received and apply them to appropriate customer accounts within the financial system.
- Maintain Records: Document all collection efforts, payment promises, and interactions with customers in an organized manner, ensuring comprehensive and up-to-date records.
- Customer Communication: Maintain a professional and empathetic approach when communicating with customers, adhering to company policies and procedures at all times.
- Aging Reports: Generate and analyze accounts receivable aging reports regularly, identifying past-due accounts and implementing strategies to reduce aging periods.
- Collections Reporting: Prepare and present collections-related reports to the AR manager and other relevant stakeholders as required.
- Collaborative Support: Work closely with the sales and customer service teams to foster positive customer relationships and enhance the collections process.
- Process Improvement: Contribute to the continuous improvement of collections processes, recommending and implementing best practices to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Hours: Willing and able to work on a US time zone schedule
- Education: Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field is preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Experience: Minimum of 3+ years of experience in collections, accounts receivable, or a similar financial role, demonstrating a successful track record of meeting collection targets.
- Industry Knowledge: Familiarity with US collection laws, regulations, and best practices. Experience in SaaS, software, or other subscription-based billing model is required.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong ability to interact with customers professionally and assertively.
- Problem-Solving: Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities to resolve payment discrepancies and disputes effectively.
- Organizational Skills: Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines efficiently.
- Technology Proficiency: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel), NetSuite, Salesforce and other relevant tools to manage collections activities and generate reports
- Customer-Centric: A customer-focused mindset with an emphasis on delivering outstanding service while maintaining firmness in collections efforts
- Team Player: Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Integrity: Demonstrated ethical behavior and adherence to confidentiality regarding sensitive financial information.