KMC Work Location: ONE AYALA
Location: Makati, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2023-08-24
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-5614952
Career Category: Energy / Oil / Gas / Utilities
GIS is considering a full-time mid-level process engineer with about ten years of experience. This is a multi-faceted role with the successful candidate also taking on limited project management responsibilities.
Duties and responsibilities
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Supporting Relief Studies both as a doer and checker
- Contribute to Safety studies such as HAZID, HAZOP, Risk Assessments
- Lead / Contribute to concept engineering studies
- Develop Heat and Mass Balances, PFDs and P&IDs
- Detail engineering experience – line sizing, vessel sizing, valve sizing, specifications, etc.
- Manage small projects
- Work under direction from the Director of Engineering & Projects and the Discipline Manager
- Mentor and guide younger engineers
4-year Bachelor degree in chemical engineering from an accredited university. This degree should be recognized in the United States of America. Candidates who have a degree in another area but have acquired a graduate degree (Masters) in chemical engineering may also be considered.
Essential skills / capabilities / experience:
Software: MS Office, Aspen Plus/ Aspen HYSYS/ Unisim / Pro II or similar modelling and simulation software, hydraulic modelling software such as Pipe-Flo
- Knowledge of the gated process of project management (FEL1-4).
- Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Utilities experience across the FEL spectrum.
- Some leadership experience in delivering process scopes.
- Participation in safety (process hazard) analysis processes.
- Familiarity with and able to work under a Quality Management System.
- A safety-first culture.
- Putting people first.
- Adaptable and willing to learn and take on new responsibilities.
Desirable skills / capabilities / experience
- Professional engineer
- Water treatment (industrial, municipal, oil & gas)
- Diverse experience
- US or US-based company experience
- Administrative and supervision.