CUSTOMER SUPPORT TRAINER
KMC Work Location: SKYRISE 4B
Location: Cebu City, Cebu
Date Posted: 2023-09-13
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-F423379
Career Category: Training & Organizational Development
Position Summary: The Operations Training Specialist effectively analyzes, develops, recommends and delivers
training programs to department’s management and/or staff. This position is also responsible for updating,
enhancing and producing quality training materials, identifying and recommending ongoing/new training in
alignment with contact center customer service philosophy and business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes training needs, make recommendations and develop training programs including skill development
exercises, required training lessons, reliability testing, instructional materials, mentoring and technical
coaching in order to improve workflow.
- Delivers new hire and continuing education training to Contact Center staff. Delivers training through a variety of presentation formats, including classroom, one on one, e-mail, unit meetings and demonstrations. Monitor student progress throughout duration of training, providing coaching and developmental feedback. Complete daily tracking, including end of course evaluations and trainee assessments.
- Creates a positive impression of MedImpact and the Contact Center, through words and actions; Maintains a
professionally structured class environment according to established policies and procedures. Facilitates
transition of students from training to work environment, ensuring competency levels are sufficient.
- Maintains and verifies that review exercises are relevant; creates assessments and procedures to measure
success of conducted training, measures retention of new and tenured agents. Provides feedback to
management regarding process improvements and content gaps, provides feedback on changes required to
method or procedures.
- Collaborates in the development, implementation and delivery of training programs by; regular participation in training development activities, certifying all courses taught, demonstrating a high level of quality methods and skills in training evaluations. Revises and rewrites materials to reflect nuances or enhancements in internal processes;
- Establishes learning objectives, identify best practices and measure results. Provides regular feedback and
reports relative to training progress, roadblocks, and training materials;
- Encourages participation and open communication by providing regular reports of plans, progress and
recommendations to department leadership.
- Participates in ongoing self-development to ensure knowledge and proficiency in skills development; Establish relationship with instructional design team to learn design methodology and become familiar with
learner and facilitator guide standards. Research service information for each client by attending team
meetings and periodic calibration sessions, conducting side-by-side observations and call monitoring for
training department purposes
- Supervisory Responsibilities
Responsible for supervision of non-exempt trainees, including work assignment, attendance monitoring, and
addressing complaints and resolving problems; interviewing, selecting, training, developing, and appraising
performance in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable legal requirements.
This is an internal and external client facing position that requires excellent customer service skills and
interpersonal communication skills (listening/verbal/written). One must be able to; manage difficult or emotional client situations; Respond promptly to client needs; Solicit client feedback to improve service; Respond to requests
for service and assistance from clients; Meet commitments to clients.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university; two or more years’ experience as a contact center trainer in a PBM or health care environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of adult learning principles and instructional design basics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Word Processing
software. Ability to understand system functionality, experience with analyzing legacy systems for training
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+) certification preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
Seasoned trainer with curriculum design skills in technical and operational areas. Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills. Possesses strong interpersonal, public speaking, instructional, organizational, and time management skills. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality using, tact, discretion, and professionalism in all aspects of the job. Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills. Ability to gather and analyze data and make recommendations to manage growth and change. Demonstrated maturity of judgment under pressure/ability to resolve/mediate problems.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Organizational Understanding - Demonstrates clear understanding of organizational structure, mission, goals and values, including awareness of the goals, processes and needs of other functions in the organization.
- Communication - Expresses self clearly and effectively in face-to-face interactions, presentations and written
documents, and employs active listening skills to ensure productive interactions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Demonstrates good people skills by showing a commitment to teamwork, resolving
conflicts effectively and with respect for others’ viewpoints, respecting differences and building strong
relationships and networks.
- Teamwork - Functions as a valuable team member by engaging in collaborative decision making and problem solving, constantly contributes positively as a team member, shares credit when appropriate and encourages teammates to use their knowledge and skills.
- Initiative - Proactively gathers and analyzes information, assesses situations and identifies challenges and
opportunities, sees what needs to be done and takes appropriate action.
- Responsiveness - Responds promptly, appropriately and effectively to requests, feedback and new
developments, making sure that all relevant concerns and requirements are understood and addressed.
- Decision-making - Gathers input from affected parties and available experts, assesses risks and benefits, and
makes timely decisions based on sound reasoning.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes
independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Ability to stand on your feet up to 8 hours a day when in training classes. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is in an office setting and is exposed to moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
This is an exempt level position requiring one to work the hours needed to get the job done. Therefore one must have the flexibility to work beyond traditional hours and be able to work nights, weekends or on holidays as required. This may be changed from time to time to meet the needs of the business. Typical core business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
This position may require domestic travel and attendance may be required at various local conferences and
meetings or other company sites.