KMC Work Location: KMC SITE OR OTHER BUSINESS LOCATIONS AS MAY BE INSTRUCTED BY KMC SOLUTIONS FROM TIME TO TIME
Location: N/A, N/A
Date Posted: 2023-02-07
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-A7D5207
Career Category: Functional/Business Technology
In this pivotal role, the analyst will engage with multiple levels of stakeholders internal to BSA, as well as customers and suppliers. Key to this role will be developing an advanced understanding of the business analytical needs, identify data sources and utilise relevant techniques to develop stories through data that facilitate an effective and factual decision-making process.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identify patterns and discrepancies (lag indicators) in financial and operational activities and use these analyses to propose policy and process changes to lift revenue and profits (reactive approach)
- Identify leading indicators for financial and operations performance that will allow decision makers to take actions and influence the outcomes (pro-active approach)
- Review the current systems and platforms, consolidate reporting functions and automate any repetitive reports
- Work in a targeted manner with nominated CUI teams to understand their BI requirements for dashboards, reports and ad-hoc queries. Gather and document user requirements through various channels such as interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys etc.
- Contribute to the development of the CUI self-service analytics platform, by developing dashboards that are fit for purpose and scalable, as well as training the decision makers on how to use them
- Execute on the plan to drive the cultural change required in the CUI division to shift the mindset from traditional reporting to data-driven decision making through analytics and insights
- Review current reports and engage other reporting analysts to understand the current business reporting requirements
- Utilise the Analytics ticketing system and deliver on ad-hoc reporting and analytics requests assigned via this system
- Document and keep updated the current data sources used by the Analytics team, recommend additional sources to be added to the company-wide data warehouse and liaise with the data warehousing team for their implementation
- Liaising with IT, Business Systems and Analysts to develop consistent delivery of Business Information
- Integrate sensor data from IoT devices (e.g., GPS tracking devices) into existing data models and develop new analyses and insights leveraging the expanded level of data depth
- Make use of data mining, predictive analytics and machine learning techniques to deliver insights
- Stay at the forefront of analytical techniques in the industry and implement innovative solutions
- Support the business with ad-hoc analytics requests or other tasks related to analytics
- Strong Power BI experience including writing DAX formula and M Language
- Comfortable to write complex SQL Scripts
- Advanced Excel (Power Pivot, Power Query).
- Exposure to commercial analysis would be desirable, as will be an understanding of predictive analytics and statistical modelling
- Tertiary qualifications in mathematics, statistics, data science, commerce or finance would be desirable but not essential.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience gathering requirements and delivering insights driven by an analytical mindset that can build a story for the decision makers.
- Around 3 years' experience writing complex SQL scripts and data visualization experience using Power BI
- Data Analysis and Modelling Experience working with both structured and unstructured data sources.
- Experience with a statistical language would be desirable (e.g., R / Python ), but not essential.