KMC Work Location: SKYRISE 4B
Location: Cebu City, Cebu
Date Posted: 2023-09-14
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-B525490
Career Category: Property / Real Estate
The Facilities Manager ensures that company-assigned facilities are managed in a cost-effective manner while maintaining a quality work environment. Coordinates the maintenance and repair of MedImpact facilities with appropriate Property Management. Plans and manages the maintenance and repair of office furniture and equipment. Administers work space and utilization plans, manages employee moves and oversees food services for assigned properties/buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborates with Property Management and their assigned Vendors to support necessary and/or planned facility maintenance and repairs to including but not limited to heating and air-conditioning, plumbing, electrical, lighting, painting, flooring, ceiling tiles, windows, doors, and janitorial services;
- Manages the timely repair and maintenance of office furniture and equipment including but not limited to vending machines, water filtration and heating systems, kitchen appliances, ice machines, coffee and water systems, cubicles, chairs and file cabinets;
- Conducts periodic inspections to ensure compliance with leases, building rules and the proper level of upkeep. Keeps immediate supervisor informed of all serious issues with proposed actions to cure same.
- Monitors the daily general condition of the facilities and ensures that the lobby areas, meeting rooms, conference rooms, training rooms, coffee/copy areas, break rooms and storage areas remain in a clean and orderly condition;
- Oversees catering services for in-house meetings and special events. Manages vending services, coffee services and ancillary support services, as appropriate;
- Manages relationships with existing Facilities vendors and cultivates new vendor relationships, as needed. Directs and oversees the work of contract laborers and vendors to ensure required standards are met. Negotiates vendor contract business terms and pricing, as appropriate;
- Administers work space planning and utilization plans, coordinates furniture reconfigurations, and manages the relocation of employees and equipment;
- Oversees the Facilities purchase order and invoice process, ensuring timely completion of purchase requisitions and timely processing of invoices for payment;
- Tracks and inputs Facilities work requests, in collaboration with Property Management, ensuring timely responses to internal client requests and timely completion;
- Manages off-site storage requirements, including the process for sending items to storage and retrieving items from storage;
- Oversees the certificate of insurance process for Facilities vendors and audits monthly to ensure current certificates of insurance are on file;
- Manages Facilities monthly reports and submits department Performance Metric results within establishes deadlines;
- Manages and maintains relationship with Property Management, include managing coordination and implementation of related building needs and communicating property management policies and other communications; and
- Prepares annual facility budget
- Ensures that deliverables are on time, within budget, and meet department quality standards.
This is an internal client facing position that requires excellent customer service skills and interpersonal communication skills (listening/verbal/written). One must be able to manage difficult or emotional client situations; respond promptly to client needs; solicit client feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance from clients; meet commitments to clients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university; 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Yardi, Angus, Visio, AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT is desirable, but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Facilities Management Certification from an accredited university or industry recognized association is desirable, but not required.
Other Skills and Abilities
General working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems; experience working with maintenance trades; ability to negotiate with vendors to achieve desired end result for both pricing and service; experience interpreting vendor contracts and negotiating business terms and pricing; ability to multi-task, and to handle urgent building issues.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position may regularly be exposed to or encounter moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, risk of electrical shock or vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
This is an exempt level position requiring one to work the hours needed to get the job done. Therefore, one must have the flexibility to work beyond traditional hours and be able to work nights, weekends or on holidays as required. This may be changed from time to time to meet the needs of the business. Typical core business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
This position may require domestic travel and attendance may be required at various local conferences and meetings or to other company sites.