FIRE PROTECTION ENGINEER
KMC Work Location: KMC SITE OR OTHER BUSINESS LOCATIONS AS MAY BE INSTRUCTED BY KMC SOLUTIONS FROM TIME TO TIME
Location: N/A, N/A
Date Posted: 2023-08-30
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-EBE3343
Career Category: Construction / Building / Engineering
NV5 is a provider of technology, conformity assessment, and consulting solutions for public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Owner Representative; and Geospatial Technology.
Duties and responsibilities
Developing training materials, and conduct training sessions on fire protection.
· Evaluating fire department performance and the laws and regulations affecting fire prevention or fire safety.
· Preparing and writing reports detailing specific fire prevention and protection issues such as work performed and proposed review schedules.
· Advising architects, builders, and other construction personnel on fire prevention equipment and techniques, and on fire code and standard interpretation and compliance.
· Conducting research on fire retardants and the fire safety of materials and devices.
· Consulting with authorities to discuss safety regulations and to recommend changes as necessary.
· Designing fire detection equipment, alarm systems, and fire extinguishing devices and systems.
· Determining causes of fires, and ways in which they could have been prevented.
· Purchase, modification, installation, maintenance, and operation of fire protection systems.
· Inspecting buildings or building designs to determine fire protection system requirements and potential problems in areas such as water supplies, exit locations, and construction materials.
· Studying the relationships between ignition sources and materials to determine how fires start.
· Your colleagues and supervisors may be based in another country, and you should be comfortable working in an online environment with frequent web based meetings
· Attending site meetings and perform fire safety inspections on behalf of clients.
· The role involves a significant amount of site based working, and travel to construction sites
· Maintaining good relationships and communication with colleagues, Clients, and other stakeholders
· Maintaining good technical knowledge of the industry and relevant Fire Protection and industry standards
· And such other tasks as may be given by the EMPLOYER and/or Client analogous to the foregoing
Fire Protection Design / Testing & Commissioning Experience is essential
· Computer literate and have experience of industry design software such as CAD, BIM, etc.
· Good people skills and time management skills
· Very good written and spoken English skills
· Extensive experience of fire systems is required for the role.
Degree Holder in Mechanical, Fire and Plumbing and Drainage Engineering
· Junior: 2+ years of work experience in Fire Protection Engineering
· Mid-Level: 5+ years of work experience in Fire Protection Engineering
· 1+ years post graduate experience in Fire Protection Engineering is an advantage
· Relevant experience fire protection with mission critical facilities such as data centres and banking sector would be a distinct advantage
· Fire Protection Design / Testing & Commissioning Experience is essential