FOOD SAFETY & COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
KMC Work Location: V CORPORATE CENTER
Location: Makati City, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2023-08-23
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-042A177
Career Category: Call Center Operations
We are looking to hire an experienced QA specialist to ensure our company and customers remain compliant with industry regulations. You will report directly to the QA manager and perform manual and automated tests on company products, and ensure that vendors are following compliance and food safety regulations.
To ensure success as a QA specialist, this individual is detail-oriented and possesses advanced problem-solving skills. A first-rate compliance specialist is able to accurately identify process irregularities and implement the food safety program. Promote the highest standards of a food safety culture..
The Quality Assurance (QA) specialist ensures company and customer quality standards are being met. Working under the supervision of the QA manager, the specialist will execute supplier and product approvals, document verifications, and execute all compliance related activities.
The company has a triple bottom line approach of people, planet, profit and that we are on a path to B Corp status. Read more about Certified B Corporations
Clean food that is sustainable, traceable, and responsibly sourced is our commitment and we look to you to develop a corporate culture of food around this commitment.
- Perform the compliance related documentation processes for
- Supplier Approval Process
- Materials Approval Process
- Incoming Quality Assurance Process
- Support the execution of the Product Sampling Program with 3rd party lab
- Work with colleagues to monitor Stage I and Stage II of IQA Document Set build
- Perform IQA reviews and make recommendations to QA manager.
- Compile all documentation to meet US FDA, USDA and GFSI requirements
- Providing support for the Temperature Monitoring Program
- Supporting continuous improvements through monthly process & records audits
- Compiling the data for non-conforming reporting and seeing that corrective actions are completed
- Maintaining all compliance records in electronic compliance platform
- Notifying manager or departmental head of potential food safety issues
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Provide support implementing & maintaining CCL/Culimer’s Food Safety Quality Management System (FSQM)
- Provide support in the form of record management for compliance of products and processes to company, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Provide support to the QA manager in responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or suppliers.
- Provide support to the QA manager in collaborating with foreign and domestic product/service suppliers on all matters compliance related.
- Perform Supplier Approval Process and Materials Approval Process for all new suppliers and products.
- Maintain all records related to detailed trend analysis, risk assessment, for all suppliers and service providers.
- Working with the QA manager, suggesting and implementing ongoing updates of FSQM programs such as Incoming Quality Assurance Programs.
- Provide support for the New Product Development process with colleagues resulting in compliant and sale-ready products.
- Support QA manager during regular mock recalls, traceability exercises, and other stress tests to keep the company compliant with BRCGS standards and prepared for annual audits.
- Become expert in the various software tools used to execute and maintain our FSQM system.. This includes 3iVerify, Asana and Trace Register.
- Provide support in preparing the Weekly QA Meeting Agenda, record the outcomes, and log reports.
- Maintain QA Intranet Site
- Maintain all the various logs and registers
- Bachelor’s degree required, relevant field to food safety or 3 years minimum professional experience
- Working knowledge of GFSI, HACCP and US FDA or similar regulatory FSMA standards
List of Certification within GFIS benchmark
- SQF- Safe Quality FoodProgram
- FSSC 22000, ISO 22000
- IFS FoodStandard
- Global GAP (Good Agricultural Practices)
- BAP (Best Aquaculture Practices)
- Knowledge of food microbiology, food safety, and food defense required
- Strong aptitude for data analysis and reporting
- Strong mathematical skills, reading comprehension and proficiency in required computer systems
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and respond positively to changes in daily duties and workload
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and as part of a team
If you're a rockstar at what you do and looking to be a part of our amazing story, we want to hear from you!
We offer attractive salaries and benefits plus you get to work in some of the Philippines' best flexible workspaces. Our employees also get to enjoy exclusive discounts, rewards and freebies, and invites to our monthly events. We are always recruiting for roles in IT & Development, Marketing, Business Administration, HR & Recruitment and Legal & Finance Roles.
KMC provides quality employment opportunities for job-seekers looking for a career that is both challenging and fulfilling. We are also committed to providing equal opportunities at every selection stage. We do not discriminate due to age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, and religion.
Work with Us. Grow with Us.
KMC Solutions offers a variety of career opportunities in Metro Manila, Cebu and Clark & Iloilo. We are always looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals who are ready to make their next big career move.
At KMC, we foster an inclusive and positive workplace for all. We push our members to succeed in everything they do through our collaborative work environment. We encourage our community to work hard and reach their full potential while delivering results that matter for our members and you as professionals.
We host amazing and quality events and implement people-centric policies to work flexibly. We ensure that everyone in our expansive network is engaged, from our internal employees and those who work on behalf our offshore partners.
Life within KMC: Work Hard Party Harder
At KMC, we work hard and we are committed to putting our best foot forward in everything we do. Everyone is encouraged to be an individual while also working for the collective good of the KMC Community. We believe mistakes are opportunities and that you should not present a solution without a problem.
We also know when hard work deserves to be recognized so we reward our employees with monthly parties, free trips and much much more!