LEAD TEST ENGINEER
KMC Work Location: ONE AYALA
Location: Makati, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2023-01-18
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-EE63951
Career Category: Application And Software Development
To lead the Assurity Manila branch technical capability, acting as the point of contact between Assurity’s Manila people, its New Zealand people, and client engagements. The Lead Test Engineer will bring together the Manila branch, providing people engagement, technical thought leadership and quality oversight.
Promoting Assurity’s Better Software Development approaches to set and maintain the standards of the Manila team.
Deliver technical client engagements, building technical test frameworks and harnesses that provide performance and automation solutions for our clients. Understanding thecore components and concepts of enterprise architecture supported with extensive experience of software development, with a specialism in technical testing.
Meet Assurity : https://youtu.be/4QZKBOCtJCc
Duties and responsibilities
Your core role
- Take the lead role for the Manila test engineering team, communicating regularly with the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) based in New Zealand.
- Work with both KMC Solutions and the SDM to ensure that performance feedback is shared.
- Ensure our Values are understood and lived every day.
- Ensure that the test engineering team understands their work assignments and provide support and guidance to project delivery.
- Provide quality assurance of the teams adherence to Assurity’s Better Software Development practices across the branch
- Manage test engineering scheduling and team utilisation within assigned project or programme
- Provide performance testing and test engineering consultancy to our clients
- Lead technical stakeholder engagement and expectations at Project level
- Provide technical consulting and guidance across test frameworks, platforms and tools
- Develop test engineering frameworks and strategies for assigned projects
- Evaluate new technologies and tools for use within assignment
- Support the implementation of new technologies and tools
Agile Ways of Working and experience
Agile ways of working – experience in approaches such as Scrum, SAFe, eXtreme Programming (/modern agile) with a strong focus on
- Fail fast/fix fast
- Fast feedback
- Egoless programming
- and the ability to work in a Waterfall environment if needed.
Passion for Better Software Development principles
- Clean Code / Software Craftsmanship / Pragmatic Programmers
- Test Driven Development (micro tests)
- Code smells & antipatterns
- Working effectively with legacy code
- Good Object Oriented skills, Gang of Four and design patterns and SOLID principles
- 3+ years Team Leading experience.
- 8+ years experience in Software Engineering with expertise in Technical Test.
- Relevant Degree or Tertiary qualification (IT, Engineering, Computer Sciences or other STEM) or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders to achieve a desired outcome.
- Be able to understand client challenges and develop business from those.
- Test Planning, workload analysis, reporting.
- Stakeholder management/communications.
- At least 5 years of experience spread across one or more of the following languages:
- Java / JVM,
- Experience of testing API’s (SOAP and/or REST) via code, and web based UIs using Selenium/Webdriver or equivalent.
- 8+ yrs experience with development tools such as:
- Build tools (like Maven/Gradle),
- Specification by Example / BDD (i.e. Cucumber/Concordion),
- ideally cloud based source control and orchestration like GitHub.
- Project management experience / understanding.
- Ability to learn and understand difficult and complex concepts quickly.
- Database skills including the ability to construct moderately complex SQL queries and understand database construction.
- Ability to relate well to non-technical people and clearly explain technical concepts.
- Ideally experience of analysing and supporting improvement of performance issues.
- Ideally some familiarity with Cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Salary
- HMO foremployee and 2 dependents
- Group Life Insurance
- Sign-On Bonus