LEARNING DESIGN LEAD
KMC Work Location: PICADILLY STAR
Location: Taguig City, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2023-08-07
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | INT-875C963
Career Category: Human Resources
The Purpose Driven Career Objectives of a Learning Design Lead
KMC is looking for a Learning Design Lead who will be part of the People Experience Team of People and Culture. This role is primarily responsible for the design and development of instructional materials and integration of instructional design principles and technologies. The role’s expertise in instructional strategies and curriculum development will be crucial in ensuring the delivery of high-quality learning experiences that will drive success for our employees and clients. This position requires an innovative and dynamic individual who possesses a mastery in learning design as well as technology.
The role will focus on creating, refining, and implementing a wide range of instructional materials, utilizing various delivery formats such as e-learning modules, interactive simulations, videos, infographics, and more. The role will also determine the needs of the courses and the appropriate method of delivery. The ability to utilize technology such as L&D and learning management systems is also essential for this role since the modules must be developed through the system and online training manuals must be available to share knowledge with the employees and clients on how to succeed in being end-users of the systems. The role will also conduct necessary research on innovations in both learning design and education and provide recommendations and guidelines to organize appropriate pedagogical scenarios to achieve learning goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Content creation: Craft engaging and interactive instructional content, which may include e-learning modules, manuals, presentations, written materials, simulations, assessments, and other resources to foster effective learning experiences.
- Learning Experience Design: Employ instructional design principles and adult learning theories to create learner-centric experiences that cater to various learning styles and preferences. You will focus on ensuring that the content is accessible, engaging, and promotes knowledge retention.
- Curriculum Development: Design and develop comprehensive and coherent curricula, courses, and training modules that align with learning objectives and desired outcomes. Your expertise will be crucial in organizing content and creating a structured learning path.
- Technology Integration: Leverage educational technologies and e-learning platforms to deliver and administer training materials effectively. Familiarity with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and other authoring tools will be valuable in optimizing the learning process.
- Collaboration and Communication: Collaborate with subject matter experts, trainers, and stakeholders to gather information, validate content accuracy, and ensure that the instructional materials meet their needs and expectations.
- Assessment and Evaluation: Implement assessment strategies to measure the effectiveness of instructional materials and training programs. Regularly evaluate learner performance and feedback to make continuous improvements and enhance the learning experience.
- Educational Trends and Best Practices: Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in instructional design and adult learning. Your insights will contribute to the evolution of learning strategies and methodologies within the organization.
- Growth Partner: Works in close liaison with the clients to ensure that learning pathways are satisfied, and necessary adjustments are made.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Excellent research, analysis, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of instructional design models, such as ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation), and their practical application.
- Competent use of tools used for learning and engagement (Microsoft Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Google Forms, Canva, etc.) and data reporting (Excel).
- Competent use of tools used for designing publication materials (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Canva, etc.)
- Competent use of video editing tools such as Adobe Premiere, Powtoon, Canva, among others.
- Graduate of a four-year college degree, preferably Instructional Design, Education, Communication, Curriculum Development, or any related field.
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience in instructional design, content creation, and curriculum development.
- Experience in using instructional design software/tools (e.g., Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, etc.).
- Experience in e-learning authoring tools, multimedia editing software, and Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Innovative, out-of-the-box thinker with a passion for learning.
- Strategic and charismatic, with strong interpersonal skills, and with the ability to deal with diverse types of people.
- Self-motivated, creative, self-starter.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks while managing their work time efficiently.
- Ability to adapt and work in a rapidly changing environment where priorities might change week to week.
- Track record of success.