MS SQL Database Administrator
KMC Solutions | XTN-D993523
Network /System / Database Administration
The Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining Microsoft SQL databases. The databases serve as a backbone and are critical to retaining peak performance and up-time. The Database Administrator develops, implements, administers, and maintains policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the assigned database. Implements data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes. Resolves database performance and capacity issues, replication and other distributed data issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up, manages and monitors database jobs.
- Ensures databases are accurately running daily.
- Installs and upgrades the database server and related tools.
- Allocates system storage and plans storage requirements for the database system.
- Modifies the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers.
- Enrolls users and maintains system security.
- Ensures compliance with database vendor license agreement.
- Controls and monitors user access to the database.
- Monitors and optimizes the performance of the database.
- Plans for backup and recovery of database information.
- Maintains archived data.
- Backs up and restores databases.
- Contacts database vendor for technical support.
- Generates various reports by querying from database as needed.
- Manages and monitors data replication.
- Acts as liaison with users.
- Resolves issues between customer and production, leveraging IT as needed.
- Writes test cases for product development and releases.
- Conducts the functional and regression testing for product releases.
- Participates in the daily development routine using the scrum agile process.
- Develops standard documentation that describes the routine database duties.
- Maintains current industry knowledge.
- Becomes familiar with and follows all HIPAA privacy requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned to help the company attain corporate goals.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
- Computer skills that include a combination of experience in a Windows Operating System, web browsers, search tools, email and database experience
- Strong proficiency in SQL Server and Windows Operating system
- Strong database management aptitude
- Ability to use the development tools like Jira
- Strong documentation, problem solving and database analytical skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer communication skills
- Organized and systematic
- Good verbal and oral communication skills
- Ability to use agile development methodology
- Ability to manage difficult customer situations, to respond promptly to the needs of the customer
- Ability to work well as part of a team and to exhibit objectivity and be open-minded to the ideas and views of others, welcome feedback, and contribute to building team spirit
- MS SQL DBA
- SQL Server and Windows Operating System