Multiskilled Automation Developer
KMC Solutions | XTN-96C2401
Application and Software Development
Duties and Responsibilities
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding business needs
- Working with business analysts and local-market Business Units to understand processes and business requirements.
- Build relationships and work with business users, other developers, functional analysts in order to scope, design and build the best solutions for the business.
- Input into the requirements documentation (which is led by the business analyst).
- Perform work with a questioning mind and be conscious of the financial and operational implications of work being performed.
- Process automation design and development
- Work with the team to decide on the solution design and toolset needed for the job based on the business needs.
- Build the workflow automations based on the agreed design brief.
- Test the automated workflows and processes with the business analysts.
- Undertake tasks with a view on how process improvements and efficiencies can be created.
- Ensure new technical requirements are integrated properly with existing processes.
- Supporting business handover
- Input into the handover documentation (which is led by the business analysts).
- Support the handover of the solution to the business (which is led by the business analysts).
- Support users on change control and user acceptance testing
- We are looking for a developer that is highly curious; interested in wider business needs; willing to learn new skills and technologies; and happy to get involved in the wider aspects of the project (not just straight technical development). They need to be comfortable working in a relatively small team, working with overseas businesses and in a high-paced environment.
- They should demonstrate a proven track record in successfully developing workflow automation and process improvement solutions using a range of technologies, especially python or SQL capabilites.
- Essential experience:
- Minimum 5+ years’ of hands-on experience in a similar developer role.
- Experience with SQL with minimum 3+ years’ of hands-on experience.
- Experience of workflow automation tools such as RPA, Nintex, Alteryx, etc is an advantage.
- Minimum 3+ years of interfacing with business units to understand business requirements and design solutions around them.
- Degree from a good university.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Exceptional communication and problem comprehension skills, both written and spoken, in order to influence on complex decisions.
- Able to interact independently with business teams.
- A team player that is adept at building trusting relationships within the team in order to enlist their participation and support.
- Analytical skills:
- Logical problem solver able to turn business problems into solution designs.
- Resourceful, curious and proactive in approaching problems.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and make it happen.
- Organized and diligent, with good attention to detail.
- High level of motivation, enthusiastic and proactive.