Multiskilled (Fullstack) Web Developer
KMC Solutions | XTN-51C9963
Application and Software Development
Company Overview:Inchcape Asia Pacific is a leading player in the automotive services sector operating in the distribution, retail and logistics markets for recognised brands such as Toyota, Lexus, Subaru, Peugeot, Citroen, BMW and Jaguar Land Rover.The Region is focused on Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong. It also has operations in New Zealand, Brunei, Thailand, Guam, Saipan and Macau.Part of the London-listed Inchcape Group, we bring 160 years of history and innovation to the automotive services sector. With over 17,000 employees across the world on five continents, the core of the Inchcape spirit is to be the world’s most trusted automotive distributor and retailer.Inchcape is one of the world’s largest independent automotive distributors and retailers. We manage the end-to-end distribution, logistics and customer experience for the best car brands in the world.Position OverviewWe are looking for high-performance, multi-skilled driven and ambitious developers to join a growing team with a big ambition.As parts of its business-improvement activities, Inchcape APAC is creating a high-performance Centre of Excellence for process transformation, automation & advanced analytics. We are investing in an internal team of developers and business analysts to drive process improvement, process automation and the application of advanced analytics across its business by using technology, developing new solutions and changing the way we work.This is part of a long-term strategic investment in process automation and analytics capability by Inchcape to help the company remain a leader as the automotive industry evolves.This role will be part responsible for developing and deploying solutions that focus on automating processes and workflows for the business units in order to free up their capacity and apply advanced analytics where possible. Experience in configuring IIS will be beneficial.This will use a range of tools including Vue.JS, NodeJS, react JS, Microsoft flows and Python/R, plus other programming languages. We also use a range of workflow automation tools including UIPath, Alteryx and Nintex.
Duties and Responsibilities
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Web development
- Code will be standards compliant, performant and have excellent unit test coverage
- Develop front-end applications with back-end API services\
- Develop technical solutions that help achieve business and customer goals. Be able to provide clear feedback to technical and project teams upon encountering technological limitation
- Develop web applications that work across multiple browsers and devices (i.e. responsive design)
- Work in an Agile Project Team
- Solve challenges that come with making a site compatible with IE 10, IE 11.
- Maintaining RPA and web servers.
- Understanding business needs
- Working with business analysts and local-market Business Units to understand processes and business requirements.
- Build relationships and work with business users, other developers, functional analysts in order to scope, design and build the best solutions for the business.
- Input into the requirements documentation (which is led by the business analyst).
- Perform work with a questioning mind and be conscious of the financial and operational implications of work being performed.
- Process automation design and development
- Work with the team to decide on the solution design and toolset needed for the job based on the business needs.
- Build the workflow automations based on the agreed design brief.
- Test the automated workflows and processes with the business analysts.
- Undertake tasks with a view on how process improvements and efficiencies can be created.
- Ensure new technical requirements are integrated properly with existing processes.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling applications and solutions
- Supporting business handover
- Input into the handover documentation (which is led by the business analysts).
- Support the handover of the solution to the business (which is led by the business analysts).
- Support users on change control and user acceptance testing
- This role suits a strong web developer, that wants to get involved with the wider business and learn new tools in a high performing team, that will offer personal and professional growth.
- Essential experience:
- Minimum 5+ years’ of hands-on experience in a similar developer role.
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with SQL or NOSQL
- Some experience with python is desirable, especially if machine learning
- Developed solutions with modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS & CSS pre-processors and JS)
- Experience with Vue.JS
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with NodeJS
- Degree from a good university.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Exceptional communication and problem comprehension skills, both written and spoken, in order to influence on complex decisions.
- Able to interact independently with business teams.
- A team player that is adept at building trusting relationships within the team in order to enlist their participation and support.
- Analytical skills:
- Logical problem solver able to turn business problems into solution designs.
- Resourceful, curious and proactive in approaching problems.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and make it happen.
- Organized and diligent, with good attention to detail.
- High level of motivation, enthusiastic and proactive.