NETWORK ESCALATION ENGINEER
KMC Work Location: SM AURA
Location: Taguig City, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2022-10-13
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-5AD0591
Career Category: Network /System / Database Administration
Salary: ₱90,000.00 - ₱150,000.00
The Global Network Services Engineer will be part of the Managed Services team that provides 24x7 monitoring, operations and support services. The successful candidate should be a self-starter, who will proactively find and address issues and will become a leader within the Service Desk. The individual must be comfortable working in a very fast paced, busy environment in the rapidly growing monitoring & managed services industry.
- Network monitoring and utilization reporting
- Create tickets using ticketing procedures and follow escalation procedures
- Handle direct customer calls and raise tickets
- Incident validation - Alarm verification (i.e. log into devices once an alarm is received to ensure it’s not a false positive)
- Collect vital stats on each device (differs by device) and provide reporting
- Troubleshooting of LAN/WAN issues including switching, routing VLAN, trunking
- Open cases with 3rd party vendors (ISP, Cisco TAC, Palo Alto)
- Ticket follow up
- Resolve escalated issues from Level 1 Engineers
- Troubleshoot complex LAN/WAN issues
- Diagnose issues on routers/switches/gateways/firewalls etc.
- Perform Logical Moves, Adds and Changes for IPT devices
- Coordinate with ISPs and vendors on bandwidth and hardware issues
- Perform upgrades and maintenance of network devices
- Escalate to Senior engineers
- To continuously improve on their knowledge around information security as it relates to their job and identifying and preventing phishing attempts
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Must have at least 2-5 years of experience in network monitoring and support experience
- Cisco/TCP/IP knowledge and advanced knowledge of routing, switching and troubleshooting
- CCNA and CCNP is required
- Palo Alto, Riverbed experience
- Experience with Servers, routers, switches, hubs, firewalls and networking equipment
- Experience with MPLS, Frame Relay, T1, and DSL
- Experience with Windows 2003/2008 and Internet troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of Virtual Private Networks
- Previous Experience working in a Network Operations Center is strongly desired.
- Experience with Computer Associate's Spectrum and/or HP OpenView or other enterprise management systems is desired.
- Communication Skills
- Team work ability
- Task oriented
- Wireless Networking
- Connectivity (T1, DS3, MPLS, DSL, BGP)
- Must be available to work weeknights and weekends with minimal supervision
- Must have strong communication skills, technical writing skills, and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Remain vigilant while continuing to maintain and enhance the overall security of Alphaserve and the client’s receiving our services.
- Maintain awareness about the potential risks based on the environment they are operating in and the clients they are working on
- Ability to work in an independent environment with moderate supervision
- Ability to work under a moderate noise level (i.e. working on an open floor with printers, telephones, and computers)
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines (including late nights and weekends)
- Ability to travel for business and work beyond normal business hours when necessary
- Ability to be flexible and successfully respond to multiple work pressures
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components
If you're a rockstar at what you do and looking to be a part of our amazing story, we want to hear from you!
We offer attractive salaries and benefits plus you get to work in some of the Philippines' best flexible workspaces. Our employees also get to enjoy exclusive discounts, rewards and freebies, and invites to our monthly events. We are always recruiting for roles in IT & Development, Marketing, Business Administration, HR & Recruitment and Legal & Finance Roles.
KMC provides quality employment opportunities for job-seekers looking for a career that is both challenging and fulfilling. We are also committed to providing equal opportunities at every selection stage. We do not discriminate due to age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, and religion.
Work with Us. Grow with Us.
KMC Solutions offers a variety of career opportunities in Metro Manila, Cebu and Clark & Iloilo. We are always looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals who are ready to make their next big career move.
At KMC, we foster an inclusive and positive workplace for all. We push our members to succeed in everything they do through our collaborative work environment. We encourage our community to work hard and reach their full potential while delivering results that matter for our members and you as professionals.
We host amazing and quality events and implement people-centric policies to work flexibly. We ensure that everyone in our expansive network is engaged, from our internal employees and those who work on behalf our offshore partners.
Life within KMC: Work Hard Party Harder
At KMC, we work hard and we are committed to putting our best foot forward in everything we do. Everyone is encouraged to be an individual while also working for the collective good of the KMC Community. We believe mistakes are opportunities and that you should not present a solution without a problem.
We also know when hard work deserves to be recognized so we reward our employees with monthly parties, free trips and much much more!