KMC Work Location: SM AURA
Location: Taguig City, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2022-10-12
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-2C07698
Career Category: Functional/Business Technology
Make your next big career move by applying as KMC Solutions’ next NOC ENGINEER!
As a NOC Engineer, you’ll assist in overseeing the company’s implemented technology, software products, and client-facing application stack. You will oversee the day-to-day operations of our products running in both internally hosted and external cloud environments. As the central cog in our monitoring strategy, the NOC will watch various platforms for potential hardware and software errors and respond in accordance with Lone Wolf requirements, as well as watch resource consumption and take proactive intervention steps as necessary to avoid outages and systemic performance issues. Additionally, you will act as a liaison to manage/configure/report on Conference call “war room” efforts that come from severe incidents. From the organization of the virtual conference room to note-taking, retrieval of additional participants on the conference call needed to resolve the issue, to structured communication updates out to management/leadership to allow communication expectation as well as a technical focus within the conference call, the NOC Engineer will act as the communications speaker for the incident response room. NOC engineering is a multi-discipline skill that requires strong technical acumen, structured thinking, and attention to detail and processes. Ultimately, you will work with various IT teams to ensure our systems meet the needs of our customers.
On top of your salary, here are the exciting benefits you can look forward to:
- Hybrid work setup
- HMO + 2 dependents
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Work flexibly from anywhere in over 20+ workspace locations
- Access to KMC's exclusive pantry (MadMax Coffee, Fresh Fridge)
- Diverse learning & growth opportunities
- Accessible Cloud HR platform (Sprout)
- Above standard leaves
The main responsibilities of a NOC ENGINEER include:
- Knowledge of service subject matter and business processes.
- Knowledge of identification and first-line support for information security events and incidents
- Interpret performance data from various monitoring tools and operating systems
- Troubleshoot and diagnose performance issues within our systems, and perform prescribed remediation steps.
- Recognize negative performance trends in operational environments and know how to interpret them.
- Identify repeating performance trends
- Familiarity with server/VM/cloud-based infrastructure and how to interface with the diagnostic tools.
- Familiarity with server/VM/cloud-based database infrastructure and how to interface with the diagnostic tools.
- Run the Incident and Problem management conference calls as needed
- Provide proactive and reactive monitoring steps as agreed upon by the company.
- Perform ticket management responsibilities for the NOC queue as well as off-hours maintenance as needed by the company.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to determine monitoring needs and notification requirements.
To apply for the role, you must have the following:
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- Relevant industry certifications such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS), A+, Network+, MCSA, MCT
- Proven work experience in a medium to large business IT environment
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work
- Excellent knowledge of computing technologies and current computing trends
- Strong understanding of infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end-to-end performance interpretation and analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in enterprise applications, solutions, and data center infrastructures
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate conference room summaries to management and other business partners.
- Desire to learn a larger picture and role, and grow professionally.
- Powershell, scripting language skills a plus