Systems & Infrastructure Engineer - Virtualization
- Experience in supporting solutions with high availability and real time monitoring. (CA Spectrum, Nimsoft or other monitoring specific applications)
- Knowledge of Microsoft system and application technologies and Active Directory
- Experience installing and configuring thin client devices and security
- Experience with Blade Servers and Storage products
- Prior experience with enterprise ticketing systems, such as Service Now
- 3+ years Systems Administration experience (Windows)
- Technical Writing and Documentation Skills
- Experience using a Proven method for Compliance reporting.
- NetScaler VPX
- Experience with any Linux distribution is desired
- Understanding Citrix Printing Concepts
- App Assignment (User, Grp, OU)
- Platform design XA/XD
- Hypervisors – VMware and Hyper-V
- Bare Metal – Dell, HP and VCE vBlock
- Backup and Restore experience (HA for Virtual environment, EMC, NetApp)
- Understanding and execution of ITIL framework (Especially; Problem, Change Management, RCA and RFC process and procedures)
- Should be well versed in communication (English, Written and Oral) and be able to co-ordinate efficiently with onsite sub-ordinates and direct in-line managers
- Provide excellent customer service to internal IT customers and application owners and users.
- Citrix (25%)
- Windows (25%)
- Active Directory (25%)
- VMware (25%
- BSc, BCA, BE - Computers Desired Certifications – MCSE, ITIL, VMware, Citrix
- Assist with support of desktop/laptop management, servers and infrastructure applications including VDI, patch management.
- Provide assistance to Level 1 (monitoring team) as needed, including monitoring emails, working on incident or problem tickets, providing training/documentation.
- The candidate will get exposure to cross team/cross region collaboration across US and India.
- The position provides major change activities including weekend work. They will help to improve procedures and monitoring, and will work on process automation tasks / scripts.
- This position requires a high degree of teamwork. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn and share knowledge about UNIX
- Ensures optimal performance and capacity management/reporting for the Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop infrastructure. Management of change and image creation/updating is critical to the success of the role. Effectively manage applications in the Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop infrastructure and deliver them as a service to users anywhere.
- Ensures optimal performance of all Windows/Intel servers by proactively conducting ongoing performance monitoring and by tuning/adjusting as necessary.
- Ensure service performance meets or exceeds business expectations and is delivered in accordance with SLAs.
- Provides effective Level II Windows/Intel help desk support on a 24/7 basis by researching/analyzing issues/requests to determine server (hardware and software)/application related implications, effectively communicating with all impacted parties and by troubleshooting and resolving issues with a sense of urgency to minimize any system downtime.
- Create Knowledge Base articles of operational tasks to streamline support and empower first level support to resolve issues on a first call basis.
- Acts as a technical lead for implementation of new projects and ensures optimal server configurations. Creates optimal server infrastructure in support of new applications by researching and recommending hardware/software technologies in support of application requirements
- Effectively maintains all Windows/Intel systems by performing maintenance patching and application upgrades (including operating system and various applications) as needed.
- Enhances functionality of systems by developing and modifying scripts to automate system processes.
- Provides support to application developers/programmers by providing technical knowledge and guidance.
- Ensures server security integrity by reviewing and implementing server policies within the system.
- Hands on experience required on Service-Now, Remedy etc. tools. (ITIL framework preferred)
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support for the collaboration technology environment (P1, Major Incident Management)