Systems & Infrastructure Engineer (L2 Windows/ Vmware Systems Administrator)
- Four or more years of experience managing VMware and Windows systems in a technical capacity.
- In depth knowledge of virtualization system technologies, specifically VMware VMware VSphere and VCenter (HA and VMotion).
- In depth knowledge of Windows Server support 2008 R2 and higher
- Experience in supporting solutions with high availability and disaster recovery
- Experience in real time monitoring (CA Spectrum, Nimsoft or other monitoring specific applications)
- Knowledge of Microsoft system and application technologies and Active Directory.
- Familiarity with scripting and PowerShell.
- Backup and Restore experience (HA for Virtual environment, VMware SRM, EMC)
- Understanding and execution of ITIL framework (Especially; Problem, Change Management, RCA and RFC process and procedures)
- This position requires a high degree of teamwork. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn and share knowledge. They will need to be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoy working in a collaborative team environment. They must be committed to Customer Service.
- The position provides major change activities. They will help to improve procedures and monitoring, and will work on process automation tasks / scripts.
- The role will also develop remote support /process knowledge experience as well. The candidate will get exposure to cross team/cross region collaboration across AMEA and APAC.
- Windows support – Troubleshooting crashes, performance issues, enhancements, capacity planning
- Job Responsibility (Day to Day)
- ESX hosts/Virtual Center support – Purple screen diagnosis, ESX hosts upgrades, Standard and VDS network troubleshooting, Virtual Center upgrades, storage management, and Linux scripting,
- This candidate will act as the primary engineer for VMware and Windows for a dedicated client. The candidate will handle support activities for:
- Planning and implementing windows Patches to ESX hosts
- Capacity review and planning for VMware environments.
- Building and maintaining VMware templates, ie. adding software packages, patching, hardening to VM templates
- Assist with support of VMware and Windows management, servers and infrastructure applications.
- Should be well versed in communication (English, Written and Oral) and be able to co-ordinate efficiently with onsite sub-ordinates and direct in-line managers
- • Windows (50%)
- VMware (50%)
- Tools for the Job
- The candidate must have demonstrated experience with both VMware administration tools (vCenter/vROPS/SRM) and underlying ESXi architecture support (ESXi, vCenter, SQL Server, Windows, host hardware,storage connectivity. Additionally the candidate should have in depth experience with Windows troubleshooting and management including DNS, Active Directory, and Windows File services.
- We have an immediate opening for a VMware/Windows Administrator.
- Nice to have skills: Storage Experience
- Candidate should be willing to work at BGC Taguig Uptown Tower 2 Office.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal IT customers and application owners and users.
- Provide guidance to Level 1 (monitoring team) including monitoring tuning, providing environment training/documentation.
- Hands on experience required on Service-Now, Remedy etc. tools. (ITIL framework preferred)
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support for the collaboration technology environment (P1, Major Incident Management).