Business Intelligence Developer
- Responsible for planning, designing, testing and implementing Business Intelligence solutions through use of BI tools, technologies and systems.
- Analyze complex processes and develop technical and/or process solutions to meet business needs.
- Work collaboratively with customers and technical staff in all phases of projects, potentially including requirements gathering and change management.
- Act as subject matter expert on projects regarding technology, resource needs, schedule and/or implementation. Follow all divisional and corporate project management guidelines.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to support business needs, following BI development best practices and innovative use of appropriate technologies and systems.
- Work collaboratively with business management and staff to deliver technical solutions that meet customer needs.
- Work effectively with customers in all phases of application development projects, potentially including requirements gathering, design, testing and change management.
- Provide end user support for BI solutions and applications, including investigation and resolution of issues regarding tool functionality and performance.
- Keep abreast of new BI and related technology and trends and assess when and if new technology is needed.
- Participate in quality or process improvement activities, including regular reviews of systems and technology
- Design and implement modifications or improvements, based on those activities.
- Provide input on strategies and tactics regarding platforms, tools and technical staffing to meet customer needs.
- Provide input to business cases, contracts, project plans, scope of work, status and project summary reports.
- Follow and/or support prescribed project management guidelines.
- Project management responsibilities include documentation of design and technical testing, as well as managing and negotiating project scope, timelines and developing/defining project deliverables with business customers.
- May provide guidance and direction to other staff. May train employees, assign, monitor and review progress and accuracy of work.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- BI software experience
- ETL experience
- OLAP vs OLTP concepts
- Data modeling
- Data integration experience including the creation of extracts, testing, data quality and data validation checks
- Data Warehousing experience is a plus
- Has knowledge of and can apply principles, concepts, practices and processes within department and has at least a basic understanding of BI solution development practices.