KMC Solutions | XTN-B866494
Accounting & Finance
We are looking for a Payroll Accountant, responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of all payroll related general ledger accounts. The incumbent will book journal entries for all payroll runs (on-cycle & off-cycle), reconcile payroll accounts, ad hoc reporting, reporting metrics, and completing analysis as requested by financial analysts and management. The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines. This position will be critical in ensuring Zoom’s financial statements are accurate for all payroll accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and book payroll related journal entries for US and international payroll related accruals (quarterly bonus, spot bonus, payroll taxes, commissions, etc.)
- Perform month-end, quarter-end and year end close in accordance with close schedule.
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts consistent with GAAP and corporate accounting policies
- Reconcile ESPP purchase spreadsheet for each plan period
- Maintain monthly cash-GL reconciliations.
- Partner with payroll analysts and/or payroll manager to resolve non-reconciling items
- Work closely with the payroll processing team to understand pay classes, pay codes, and payroll processing activities.
- Maintain completeness and accuracy of the general ledger for all payroll related accounts on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Support SOX compliance-related projects
- Assist in preparation of reports for various audits
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of payroll accounting
- 10+ years of General Ledger experience
- Comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Proven ability to work with minimal direction, as well as be resourceful and independent in solving problems.
- High level of dedication to adhering to deadlines and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- High regard for confidentiality and 100% data integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Familiarity working with HRIS systems