POWER PLANT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
KMC Work Location: ONE GRIFFINSTONE
Location: Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2021-11-04
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-0473108
Career Category: Computer Hardware Systems
Salary: ₱35,000.00 - ₱40,000.00
This role will report to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for providing power plant maintenance support expertise to the power plant fleet.
Duties and responsibilities
- Respond to daily requests for engineering support for the global fleet of utility power plants.
o Conducting root cause analysis on equipment issues. Examples include:
▪ MV/HV breakers
▪ Capacitor banks
▪ Protective relays (SEL, GE, etc)
▪ Real time automation controllers (RTAC)
o Supporting preventative maintenance activities. Examples include:
▪ Bushing testing review
▪ Transformer testing review
o Supporting corrective maintenance activities. Examples include:
▪ Outage support
▪ Relay event file analysis
▪ 24/7 on-call rotation
• Onboard new sites into the NovaSource fleet management system:
o Setup remote access of equipment
o Configuration of RTACs
• Retrieve and analyze site record drawings which include single lines, relay protection, and wiring diagrams
• Communicate daily with field technicians to gather information or provide recommendations on field related issues
• Communicate daily with other engineering team members using email, chat, or phone.
• Communicate daily with vendors/subcontractors for additional support or project management.
• Participate in weekly team meetings to review problems, open support requests, and plan value added services
• Establish relationships with vendors used for onsite work or for materials
• Participation of weekly on-call engineer rotation
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation PLC products
- Accomplished user of Microsoft Office 365 suite of tools: Outlook, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written format in English
- Must know how to prioritize day to day work
- High attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Microsoft Visio experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of solar plant controllers, substation protection, solar inverters, capacitor banks and solar tracking systems
- Basic knowledge of approved cyber security practices
- Minimum 1-3 years of electrical engineering and support experience
- Experience with protection applications such as SynchroWAVE, AcSELerator Quickset, and AcSELerator RTAC
- Experience with industrial protocols (Modbus, DNP3, OPC UA, MQTT)
- Demonstrated experience with reviewing and understanding electrical drawings
- Willing to work and be assigned in Alabang, Muntinlupa City.
- Work schedule: 10PM-7AM (weekdays)
- Can start ASAP.