PRIVACY ENGINEER II
KMC Work Location: OFFSITE
Location: Taguig City, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2022-11-21
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-E6E0926
Career Category: Network /System / Database Administration
The purpose of this role is to build, implement, and maintain platforms, processes, and controls that protect and enable responsible use of personal information and company proprietary data at scale.
1. Assist in the design, development, and implementation of effective technology solutions that enable privacy and data protection by design.
2. Work cross-functionally with Security, Legal, Data Governance, Architecture, and Engineering teams to ensure data protection and privacy requirements are executed and maintained.
3. Maintain familiarity with advancing privacy technology/capabilities
4. Promote and advocate for data privacy/protection throughout our technology organization.
5. Contribute to privacy incident response process through information collection, root cause analysis, and remediation efforts.
6. Participate in privacy and information security risk assessments, audits, and other operational processes to ensure an optimal security posture.
7. Research risks and assists with the implementation of mitigating controls that support company initiatives.
8. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose and ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level.
9. Ensure all activities are in compliance with relevant rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
10. Complete other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent certification required; bachelor’s degree in information technology (IT) or equivalent experience preferred
• Three years of relevant software engineering experience with a focus on privacy or security
• Experience with privacy by design, privacy enhancing technologies, data policy management, privacy infrastructure, and/or privacy usability
• Experience with data privacy controls stemming from regulatory requirements (e.g. CCPA, CPRA, etc)
• Familiarity or experience working with privacy frameworks such as NIST or ISO 27701
• Knowledge of network and application security best practices and concepts
• Experience with automation and cloud technologies is preferred
• Knowledge of common scripting languages
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced problem and situation analysis skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Internal networking and teamwork
• Ability to work independently to prioritize and meet goals
• Highly organized with attention to detail