RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (MANDARIN PROFICIENT)
KMC Work Location: ARTHALAND CENTURY PACIFIC TOWER
Location: Taguig, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2022-07-15
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-E925864
Career Category: Call Center Operations
Salary: ₱50,000.00 - ₱70,000.00
Make your next big career move by applying as KMC Solutions’ next RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (MANDARIN PROFICIENT)!
Glass, Lewis & Co. (Glass Lewis) is a leading independent proxy research and vote agency services firm. Glass Lewis is currently looking for two Research Associates to join our APAC cross-region team in our office based in BGC, Manila. Candidates with both English and Chinese language skills are encouraged to apply. Due to the current health environment, successful candidates will either work two days in the office and three days remotely, or 100% remotely, depending on current pandemic developments.
We offer training to entry level candidates with keen interest in corporate governance issues to better equipped them in facing clients both locally and abroad.
For further information about Glass Lewis, please visit our website at www.glasslewis.com.
You’ll be earning Php50,000 – Php70,000 (depending on experience). On top of your salary, here are the exciting benefits you can look forward to:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Work flexibly from anywhere in over 20+ workspace locations
- Access to KMC's exclusive pantry (MadMax Coffee, Fresh Fridge)
- Diverse learning & growth opportunities
- Accessible Cloud HR platform (Sprout)
- Above standard leaves
The main responsibilities of a RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (MANDARIN PROFICIENT) include:
- Conduct corporate governance research on publicly-listed companies in China and Taiwan and make draft recommendations to institutional investors on how they should vote at their portfolio companies' shareholder meetings.
- Comb through publicly disclosed information (e.g. stock exchange announcements including annual reports and notices of meeting, company press releases, news articles, etc.) to collect corporate governance-related data on each company to which you have been assigned.
- Working under close supervision from the team's analysts,
- Analyse each company's governance practices within a policy-based framework of market best practices.
- The bulk of your time will be spent analysing company board structures and executive remuneration packages.
- This role does not involve a significant amount of quantitative analysis but requires an ability to read between the lines and to understand and identify what is not being disclosed as much as what is.
- This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the corporate legal framework, to research publicly-traded companies, including their executives and directors, and to work at the forefront of the corporate governance and investment stewardship field.
To apply for the role, you must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Excellent English and writing skills, as well as native-level Chinese reading skills is required.
- Strong analytical writing and research skills (emphasis on qualitative analysis).
- Ability to quickly comprehend and summarise complex subjects.
- Ability to process data quickly and accurately.
- Must work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Genuine interest or knowledge of corporate law, regulation, finance.
- The desire to work in a fun and fast-paced environment with other bright people is a must!
It will also be favorable if you have the following:
- Native or business level English and Mandarin oral fluency.
- Good understanding of financial markets and instruments.
- Work experience conducting qualitative analysis and writing research reports.
- A keen interest in corporate governance issues at listed companies will be looked upon favourably. This may include company board structures, director independence, employee incentive plans capital raisings.
If you're a rockstar at what you do and looking to be a part of our amazing story, we want to hear from you!
We offer attractive salaries and benefits plus you get to work in some of the Philippines' best flexible workspaces. Our employees also get to enjoy exclusive discounts, rewards and freebies, and invites to our monthly events. We are always recruiting for roles in IT & Development, Marketing, Business Administration, HR & Recruitment and Legal & Finance Roles.
KMC provides quality employment opportunities for job-seekers looking for a career that is both challenging and fulfilling. We are also committed to providing equal opportunities at every selection stage. We do not discriminate due to age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, and religion.
Work with Us. Grow with Us.
KMC Solutions offers a variety of career opportunities in Metro Manila, Cebu and Clark & Iloilo. We are always looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals who are ready to make their next big career move.
At KMC, we foster an inclusive and positive workplace for all. We push our members to succeed in everything they do through our collaborative work environment. We encourage our community to work hard and reach their full potential while delivering results that matter for our members and you as professionals.
We host amazing and quality events and implement people-centric policies to work flexibly. We ensure that everyone in our expansive network is engaged, from our internal employees and those who work on behalf our offshore partners.
Life within KMC: Work Hard Party Harder
At KMC, we work hard and we are committed to putting our best foot forward in everything we do. Everyone is encouraged to be an individual while also working for the collective good of the KMC Community. We believe mistakes are opportunities and that you should not present a solution without a problem.
We also know when hard work deserves to be recognized so we reward our employees with monthly parties, free trips and much much more!