Security Operations Platform Lead
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2021-04-19
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-2192328
Career Category: Network /System / Database Administration
We are setting up a Security Platform as a centralized function within an organization employing people, processes, and technology to continuously monitor and improve an organization's security posture while preventing, detecting, analyzing, and responding to cybersecurity incidents.
You will be leading Security Platform team of Security Analyst to develop and enhance Threat Hunting, Investigation & Analysis techniques and processes; and reporting into the newly appointed CISO.
- Engage with Regional and Group IT leadership teams on a regular basis
- Manage 365/24/7 Security Platform Service for incident detection and response across a number of locations, building and developing a specialist team
- Manage all operational requirements for the Security Platform, ensuring it remains operationally capable through effective recruitment, development of processes, delivery of KPIs and SLAs, training, recruitment, and performance management.
- You will be working with leading edge Continuous Security Controls tooling such as Cyciv, Sentinel One, ProofPoint, Netskope, Intruder, ManageEngine, Security ScoreCards, Last Pass
- Co-ordination with stakeholders, build and maintain positive working relationships
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preferred Qualifications: CISSP, Security +, Network +, CEH, RHCA, RHCE, MCSA, MCP, MCSE and knowledge of NISP /equivalent industry standard is preferred but not required; Familiarity with tools such as Cyciv, Sentinel One, ProofPoint, Netskope, Intruder, ManageEngine, Security ScoreCards, Last Pass
- Education:Minimum bachelors’ degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or other IT-related field. Exceptional candidates with proven experience in security/network operations will also be considered.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn specialized system tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex technical topics in clear and easy-to-understand language
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with a globally distributed team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 7 years experience in the Security field
- He/She will have a broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of operating system security, network security, cryptography, software security, malware analysis, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence.
- Experience managing a global Security Platform function with responsibility for mentoring, guiding and training teams of Security Analysts and Engineers.
- Demonstrable experience optimizing efficiency of Security Platform capability and Analyst productivity.
- Expert knowledge of various cyber defence and investigations methodologies - Cyber Kill-Chain, MITRE ATT&CK, NIST, Diamond Model, etc.
- Strong technical background, ideally having progressed through the ranks within a specialist SOC/CERT/MDR capability.
- Previous experience liaising with and influencing senior stakeholders and C-Suite executives of different departments, translating technical concepts into business risks.
- Proven experience as Security manager or similar position
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and demonstrable skills in the use of PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Project, Word and MS Windows (to be practically assessed during selection process)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Able to prepare clear and concise reports and with an attention to detail
- Ability to manage complex and multi-tiered workload, prioritising effectively
- Ability to present to clients and senior management of all levels
- Sound knowledge and operational experience of open and closed source intelligence and threat monitoring