KMC Work Location: V CORPORATE CENTER
Location: Makati City, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2022-08-10
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-ECCE569
Career Category: Accounting & Finance
Make your next big career move by applying as KMC Solutions’ next SENIOR ACCOUNTANT!
On top of your salary, here are the exciting benefits you can look forward to:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Access to KMC's exclusive pantry (MadMax Coffee, Fresh Fridge)
- Diverse learning & growth opportunities
- Accessible Cloud HR platform (Sprout)
- Above standard leaves
Purpose/Objectives of Position:
- To take over responsibility for the completion of tax and accounting assignments (Tax Compliance; research
- tax issues for Supervisors/Managers/Directors/Partners; review tax returns prepared by junior staff,
- preparation of financial statements).
- To assist Seniors and Assistant Managers with medium to large/more complex assignments while applying,
- testing and developing previously acquired accounting knowledge/skills.
- To further build and develop technical skills in relevant tax areas.
- To develop initial staff management and staff development skills.
- To complete the CPA Program
Nature & Purpose:
- Reporting, guidance, instructions, advice, feedback, mentoring
- Task assignment & task clarification, on-the-job training; delegation and staff supervision; mentoring
- Development of effective working relationships; general support to help be effective and productive
- As instructed by the Assistant Manager/Manager responsible
Main Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Assist senior staff with a wide range of business advisory activities.
- Apply and develop previously acquired accounting knowledge/skills.
- Complete all core tasks as listed out on Process Management Platform (PMP) process maps.
- Preparation of accounting compliance work through following a set of standard procedures, such as but not limited to:
- Prepare information requirements based on prior period and checklist
- Check client software/documentation for correlation with HLB prior period financial statements
- Classify and enter transactions to GL accounts in client software (MYOB, Xero, Quickbooks)
- Prepare account reconciliations as per a pre-defined checklist for the client
- Prepare substantiating documentation (work papers)
- Identify exceptions and prepare queries to clients and/or team leaders
- Prepare and enter adjusting journal entries
- Preparation of financial statements for companies, trusts, and partnerships
- Compile final financial statements and draft accompanying advisory letter
- Preparation of income tax returns and associated schedules for individuals, partnerships, trusts, and
- companies with varying forms of income, expense, and offsets, as well as preparation of financial statements including:
- Review financial statements and identify tax reconciliation items
- Prepare tax calculations
- Prepare Business Activity Statements from client summaries or accounting software
- Prepare Fringe Benefit Tax returns
- Prepare out for signing letter with suggested notes to clients
- Complete all relevant checklists
- Preparation of tax assessment letters
- Preparation of Instalment Activity Statement, annual GST returns
- Prepare clear well-documented file notes and keep senior staff up to date
- Identify potential issues on jobs and work with senior staff to solve these issues
- Reading and research into basic tax matters, to respond to client queries appropriately
- Ensure all review points are dealt with appropriately
To apply for the role, you must have the following:
- Degree from a recognized university that is acceptable for admission to the CPA Program
- Currently undertaking or recently completed the CPA Program
- Typically 4 to 5+ years of experience in a tax/business advisory environment