SENIOR SQL ADMINISTRATOR
KMC Work Location: ONE GRIFFINSTONE
Location: Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2021-08-19
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-A6B7310
Career Category: Computer Hardware Systems
This position are responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems. Their main goal is to ensure the availability and consistent performance of various corporate applications..
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage and execute Work Requests and Problems ensuring problems are acknowledged, prioritized and resolved within agreed SLA timeframes, ensure necessary authorizations are received before completing Work Requests and escalate to management team where necessary.
- Ensure that adequate space is allocated to all databases; work with the application support teams to ensure optimal database performance and monitoring of database logs.
- Perform backup & recovery of Databases as required.
- Execute change requests against the QA and Production environments Approve Change requests as required.
- Provide technical advice to all groups.
- Ensure applications comply with Production Quality Assurance requirements and standards. Ongoing review of Production support standards.
- Establish and maintains a professional working relationship at multiple levels by developing an understanding of the business needs and competitive challenges.
- Captures, uses and shares knowledge: searches for, evaluates and documents knowledge from projects and internal/external databases; uses relevant knowledge material on internal work and other engagements; shares knowledge with other Amkor staff via 1:1 sessions or formal presentations, training courses etc.
- Establishes and maintains effective intra- and inter-team communication by promoting an environment of open communication and teamwork; and maintaining regular and structured communication with the team and individuals.
- Preparation of scorecard / reports and share with the management
- Perform other project duties as assigned
- Understanding of how to administer SQL Server systems through enterprise manager, knowledge of SQL Server agent and jobs.
- Understand how the stop and restart SQL Server and troubleshoot any start-up issues. Good understanding of SQL Server Storage Subsystem Layouts, and navigation.
- Understand the methods of Database Backup and restore, full differential, and log backups, and show practical experience.
- Experience in backup, restore & recovery of SQL and Oracle databases and other database types would be advantageous.
- With excellent communication and documentation skils.
- Advanced Wintel & Unix skills.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree , Post Graduate Diploma / Master's Degree, Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam), Post Graduate Diploma / Master's Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Experience with DB Cluster Administration preferable.
- Must have at least 5 years of hands-on DB administration experience on at least 2 of various databases such as DB2, MSSQL, Sybase, Informix and Oracle on Unix, Wintel and AS400 platformAt least 3-5 years experience within IT Operations, Infrastructure services support (Systems and Network management), operations monitoring, and end-user support.
- With at least 2 years practical experience in managing IT Infrastructure related Incidents & Problems.
- Willing to work from 7AM - 4:30PM.
- Can start ASAP.