SENIOR TEST ENGINEER
KMC Work Location: ONE AYALA
Location: Makati, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2023-04-06
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-5626111
Career Category: Application And Software Development
Senior Test Engineer
To lead the implementation of test engineering on new projects and client engagements, working with Assurity’s Manila and New Zealand people. Promoting Assurity’s Better Software Development approaches to set and maintain the standards of the Manila team with the Lead Test Engineer. Specialism in performance or functional automation testing and understanding the core components and concepts of enterprise architecture. Supporting delivery of client engagements, using or building test frameworks and harnesses to provide performance or functional automation solutions for our clients.
Meet Assurity : https://youtu.be/4QZKBOCtJCc
What you’ll be doing:
Your core role
● Take the project or team lead role for client delivery, working with the Lead Engineer and Service Delivery Manager (SDM) based in New Zealand
● Ensure our Values are understood and lived every day.
● Ensure that the test engineering team understands their work assignments and provide support and guidance to project delivery.
● Support the team’s adherence to Assurity’s Better Software Development practices across delivery.
● Support test engineering scheduling and team utilisation within assigned project or programme.
● Provide performance testing and test engineering consultancy to our
● Lead technical stakeholder engagement and expectations at Project level.
● Provide technical consulting and guidance across test frameworks,
platforms and tools.
● Develop test engineering frameworks and strategies for assigned projects.
● Evaluate new technologies and tools for use within assignment.
● Support the implementation of new technologies and tools.
What you’ll need
Agile Ways of Working and experience
Agile ways of working – experience in Scrum, SAFe, eXtreme Programming
(/modern agile) with a strong focus on
● Fail fast/fix fast
● Fast feedback
● Egoless programming and the ability to work in a Waterfall environment if needed.
Passion for Better Software Development principles
● Clean Code / Software Craftsmanship / Pragmatic Programmers
● Test Driven Development (micro tests)
● Code smells & antipatterns
● Working effectively with legacy code
● Good Object Oriented skills, Gang of Four and design patterns and SOLID principles. Awareness of GOOS
Qualifications and experience
● 5+ years’ experience in test engineering or technical testing.
● Relevant Degree or Tertiary qualification (IT, Technology, Computer
Sciences or other STEM).
● Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to relate well to the
non-technical people and clearly explain technical concepts.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● The ability to influence stakeholders to achieve a desired outcome.
● Be able to understand client challenges and develop business from those.
● Test Planning, workload analysis, reporting.
● 5+ yrs engineering experience with at least 3 years in a specific language:
● Experience of analysing and supporting improvement of performance
● Experience of testing API’s (SOAP, REST) via code, and web based UIs
using Selenium/Webdriver or equivalent.
● Familiarity with Cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure.
● 5+ yrs experience with development tools such as:
○ Build tools (like Maven/Gradle),
○ Cloud based source control and orchestration like GitHub,
○ Specification by Example / BDD (i.e. Cucumber/Concordion),
● Experience in using, implementing and supporting commercial and open
source tools such as:
○ Load Runner, JMeter, NeoLoad
○ UFT, Selenium Web Driver, Rational Functional Tester, TOSCA
○ SoapUI, Postman
○ Microfocus ALM, Atlassian Jira, Zephyr
● Project management experience / understanding
● Ability to learn and understand difficult and complex concepts quickly
● Database skills including the ability to construct moderately complex SQL queries and understand database construction.