SENIOR VMWARE ENGINEER
KMC Work Location: ONE GRIFFINSTONE
Location: Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2021-08-19
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-D6A8711
Career Category: Computer Hardware Systems
This position are in charge of managing and maintaining the VMware infrastructure. They are responsible to design, install, and administer virtualization (VMware and Hyper-V) products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide 3rd level support
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for all VMware environments
- Automated provision/configure of all required resources for servers
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the virtualized infrastructure.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Implementation and ongoing support of the on-premises cloud Infrastructure.
- Monitor and correct critical storage issues and create recovery processes and hardware for failures and performance bottlenecks.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Continually transition knowledge to the other staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Install, configure, test and maintain system management tools, infrastructure and server plugins.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Must be able to demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of ITSM/ITIL processes.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree , Post Graduate Diploma / Master's Degree, Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam), Post Graduate Diploma / Master's Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Formal IT qualification on VMWare Administration Certificate
- At least 3-5 years experience within IT Operations, Infrastructure services support (Systems and Network management), operations monitoring, and end-user support.
- At least 2-5 years technical knowledge with the applicable platform: Windows and Microsoft Products, Cisco UCS, HP VM environments, and Network management.
- Willing to work from 7AM - 4:30PM.
- Can start ASAP.