SOC ANALYST (TIER 3)
KMC Work Location: OFFSITE
Location: Taguig City, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2022-03-23
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-95B4142
Career Category: Network /System / Database Administration
Salary: ₱70,000.00 - ₱130,000.00
Nuspire is a leading managed security services provider (MSSP) founded over 20 years ago to revolutionize the cybersecurity experience by taking an optimistic and people-first approach. Our deep bench of cybersecurity experts use world-class threat intelligence and 24x7 security operations centers (SOCs) to detect, respond and remediate advanced cyber threats.
The SOC Analyst performs in-depth computer security investigations and required actions per the documented incident response lifecycle. This position requires knowledge and experience in areas including security threats and tools, attack methodologies, operating systems, networking, and incident response (containment, eradication, and recovery of affected assets). This candidate determines and pursues course of action necessary to obtain desired results and makes recommendations and changes to departmental policies and procedures.
As a SOC Analyst, you will be responsible for monitoring, detecting and responding to security events and incidents across a broad range of equipment and system types. Utilizing an advanced SIEM with integrated threat intelligence enrichment, you’ll use both orchestrated workflows as well as your own experience and intuition to identify and mitigate security events before customer impact occurs. The SOC Analyst position is also involved with vulnerability scanning and analysis, conducting security assessments and working directly with customers to implement security solutions. This opportunity is in a 24x7x365 environment, requiring availability for all shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- The primary function of the SOC team is to identify and investigate anomalous host and network activity through continuous monitoring
- Conduct triage/categorization of potential Events and Incidents
- Conduct initial evidence collection, case creation, and coordination/hand-off to other teams as necessary
- Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA and Run Book) to support tickets.
- Configure various security systems to aid in the discovery of Indicators of Compromise (IOCs)
- Use threat intel and hunting without IOCs
- Contribute to SOC documentation such as standard operating procedures, playbooks, briefings and executive reports
- While the focus of this position is the corporate network, SOC Analyst may occasionally contribute to the security of classified environments
- Utilize SIEM for detection and documentation of security events and incidents
- Perform threat mitigation as required
- Participation in the Incident Response process
- Analyze vulnerability scans and recommend resolutions
- Participate and collaborate with cybersecurity threat hunting
- Support troubleshooting of advanced security device problems
- Conduct periodic customer security reviews
- Participate in Red Team security preparedness evaluation exercises
- Respond to customer requests for security investigations
- Firewall, IPS/IDS, Endpoint Protection and other equipment configuration support
Required Skills and Experience:
- This position, located in Centennial, CO, requires 2-5 years of direct Security Operations experience, and may be filled at the Mid or Senior level, depending upon qualifications.
- Experience with Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Experience with Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) Systems
- Experience with Vulnerability Scanners, including analysis and interpretation of results
- Experience with common Endpoint Protection, including AV and ATP solutions
- Experience with event/workflow ticketing systems
- Experience working in Unix, remote, command line and virtualized environments.
- Working knowledge of common TCP/IP protocols, OSI Layers 1-4
- Ability to review packets with tools such as Wireshark.
- Operating Virtualized Environments including HA Clusters
- Understanding of MITRE ATT&CK and Cyber Kill Chain frameworks
- Basic understanding of secure connectivity including SSL and IPSEC
- Cybersecurity Threat Hunting
- Developing security processes and procedures
If you're a rockstar at what you do and looking to be a part of our amazing story, we want to hear from you!
We offer attractive salaries and benefits plus you get to work in some of the Philippines' best flexible workspaces. Our employees also get to enjoy exclusive discounts, rewards and freebies, and invites to our monthly events. We are always recruiting for roles in IT & Development, Marketing, Business Administration, HR & Recruitment and Legal & Finance Roles.
KMC provides quality employment opportunities for job-seekers looking for a career that is both challenging and fulfilling. We are also committed to providing equal opportunities at every selection stage. We do not discriminate due to age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, and religion.
Work with Us. Grow with Us.
KMC Solutions offers a variety of career opportunities in Metro Manila, Cebu and Clark & Iloilo. We are always looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals who are ready to make their next big career move.
At KMC, we foster an inclusive and positive workplace for all. We push our members to succeed in everything they do through our collaborative work environment. We encourage our community to work hard and reach their full potential while delivering results that matter for our members and you as professionals.
We host amazing and quality events and implement people-centric policies to work flexibly. We ensure that everyone in our expansive network is engaged, from our internal employees and those who work on behalf our offshore partners.
Life within KMC: Work Hard Party Harder
At KMC, we work hard and we are committed to putting our best foot forward in everything we do. Everyone is encouraged to be an individual while also working for the collective good of the KMC Community. We believe mistakes are opportunities and that you should not present a solution without a problem.
We also know when hard work deserves to be recognized so we reward our employees with monthly parties, free trips and much much more!