KMC Work Location: OFFSITE
Location: Taguig City, Metro Manila
Date Posted: 2022-01-21
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-949D565
Career Category: Network /System / Database Administration
As the Manager of Security Operations, you will be responsible for oversight of day-to-day supervision of the Security Operations team. This talented individual will work cross-functionally to drive innovation, develop processes, procedures and metrics to ensure effective threat detection and response capabilities and activities are taking place.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and experience leading and developing a mature Security Operations Center function.
- They should have in-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, and risk management.
- They should also have leadership experience in overseeing a team of internal and external resources.
As a key addition to the Security Operations Team, the SOC Manager will play a critical role in ensuring the safety and security of Nuspire’s clients and IT ecosystem.
The SOC Manager’s day-to-day activities include oversight of security event monitoring, management and response, including but not limited to the following:
- Ensure incident identification, assessment, reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring
- Establish operational foundations, defining SLAs, metrics, and KPIs to drive governance, quality, and efficiency. Influence and mature processes through innovation and operational change
- Responsible for staff and vendor management, overall use of resources and initiation of corrective action where required for Security Operations Center function
- Management, administration & maintenance of security technologies under the purview of Security Operations
- Responsible for integration of standard and non-standard logs in SIEM
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations and present to Senior Leadership.
- Budget management and oversight and Threat Modeling
- Serve as an escalation point for 24/7 operational support
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant, progressive security related work experience
- Minimum 3 years of recent management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with managing and ensuring the timely response and investigations of security events and incidents
- Demonstrated ability to build a strong culture of collaboration, teamwork and innovation
- Solid understanding of log and monitoring management systems, security event monitoring systems, threat intelligence, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall technologies, end-point detection and response technologies and anti-malware solutions
- Experience implementing and adhering to various control frameworks and regulatory compliance programs, particularly NIST, PCI or Sarbanes-Oxley
- Technology advocate and proficient in project management concepts and common tools
- BS/BA in the Information Technology field or equivalent experience
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, or other related certifications.