Zoom 058: IT Network Administrator
KMC Solutions | XTN-1EF8689
Network /System / Database Administration
Zoom is growing at an explosive pace by every measure - revenues, people, innovation, and customers. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for design of Zoom Video Communications LAN and WAN global corporate network infrastructure.
- Responsible for defining network, power, cooling and layout specifications for new MDF/IDF server rooms.
- Project management of new office build outs, working with low voltage vendors, electricians and ISP, ensuring the project is on track and meeting deadlines set by the Workplace team.
- Work with the Security team to enhance / improve corporate network security, in compliance with security requirements.
- Work closely with department managers to determine future network needs and plan for network changes.
- Perform routine maintenance of corporate network infrastructure, including network switches, WAPs, firewalls and rack/stack/wiring in IDF/MDF rooms.
- Maintain optimum LAN/WAN/WiFi network performance by evaluating network issues, including availability, utilization, throughput and latency.
- Work with ISPs to troubleshoot and identify performance issues, such as latency, packet loss, jitter, etc.
- Document network IDF/MDF/Comm rooms, wiring closets, cabling, firewall, switches, routers and UPS systems.
- Manage local and remote low voltage contractors and Internet providers in the physical installation, repair and modification of IDF/MDF/Comm rooms and workspace areas.
- Assist in researching and sourcing the best Tier1 Internet service providers for all Zoom domestic/international offices.
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required to support network site surveys/upgrades/expansions, new offices, circuit tune-ups, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of routing, switching and network security.
- Knowledge of UDP, TCP IPv4/IPv6 and common network protocol operations and hardware (Palo Alto Networks, Juniper, Meraki, or Cisco). Must have 2 years or more of Palo Alto Networks experience.
- Must have network services skills: VoIP, SIP, DHCP, Radius, SFTP, Iperf, NAT, DNS and Wireshark.
- Knowledge of QoS, traffic engineering and shaping.
- Thorough knowledge of telecommunications and transmission technologies.
- Familiar with VTP, STP, LACP, VRRP, CIDR and HA firewall config.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or MIS or equivalent work experience.
- Muse have 6 years or more of experience in network or a similar technology field. Must have 4 years or more of system administration experience in managing networks in companies with more than 2,000 users.
- Ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to handle escalations and small projects with minimal supervision.
- Team player, resourceful and able to work under pressure and on call after hours.