Zoom 080: Payroll Accountant
Location: Taguig , NCR
Date Posted: 2020-07-28
Hiring Organization: KMC Solutions | XTN-B866494
Career Category: Accounting & Finance
(For KMC Employees Only)
Zoom is growing at an explosive pace by every measure - revenues, people, innovation, and customers. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom! We are looking for a Payroll Accountant, responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of all payroll related general ledger accounts. The incumbent will book journal entries for all payroll runs (on-cycle & off-cycle), reconcile payroll accounts, ad hoc reporting, reporting metrics, and completing analysis as requested by financial analysts and management. The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines. This position will be critical in ensuring Zoom’s financial statements are accurate for all payroll accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and book payroll related journal entries for US and international payroll related accruals (quarterly bonus, spot bonus, payroll taxes, commissions, etc.)
- Perform month-end, quarter-end and year end close in accordance with close schedule.
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts consistent with GAAP and corporate accounting policies
- Reconcile ESPP purchase spreadsheet for each plan period
- Maintain monthly cash-GL reconciliations.
- Partner with payroll analysts and/or payroll manager to resolve non-reconciling items
- Work closely with the payroll processing team to understand pay classes, pay codes, and payroll processing activities.
- Maintain completeness and accuracy of the general ledger for all payroll related accounts on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Support SOX compliance-related projects
- Assist in preparation of reports for various audits
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of payroll accounting
- 10+ years of General Ledger experience
- Comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Proven ability to work with minimal direction, as well as be resourceful and independent in solving problems.
- High level of dedication to adhering to deadlines and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- High regard for confidentiality and 100% data integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Familiarity working with HRIS systems
(For KMC Employees Only)