Zoom 084: Billing Manager
KMC Solutions | XTN-EBED634
Client Services / Account Management
Zoom is growing at an explosive pace by every measure - revenues, people, innovation, and customers. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!We are looking for a manager responsible for our 24x5 billing operations in Manila, working closely with other locations doing similar work. In this role, you will be directly managing Billing Specialists as well as work shift leaders. On top of people management, the Billing Manager will be responsible for all billing related activities to ensure that invoices and customer data is recorded accurately, completely and timely in the financial system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage billing team to ensure the team has the tools they need to succeed at their job
- Manage billing operations to ensure efficiency and optimization of day to day processes
- Align cross-functionally with other managers/engineering within the organization to help with automation, compliance, and customer experience
- Oversee billing escalations to ensure cases are being handled within SLA and will jump in to ensure the customer is taken care of
- Oversee negative customer experiences to ensure processes are updated and customer happiness is delivered
- Review and approve refund/credit requests up to the allotted amount for each use case and ensure cases that can not be approved by the Billing Manager are escalated to the proper channel
- Help with financial system reporting and impact analysis for both internal and customer facing issues
- Perform and manage month end tasks to ensure revenue team is able to close the period on time
- Assist Systems and Revenue teams in managing data clean up and process changes
- Assist with providing data for external customer communications and make sure all teams involved are aware
- Ensure the team is updated on process changes or system changes in a timely manner
- Manage reports for billing team and performance reviews
- Conduct monthly team meetings to ensure pain points are heard and addressed
- Perform individual reviews to ensure specialists are improving and have a path for growth
- Knowledge source for financial system on what can and can not be supported based on current system limitations and effectively communicate this within the org
- Provide feedback on system or process changes on how it will impact the team or customer experience
- Ensure an on-call system is in place during the weekend and monitors/handles escalations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of managerial experience and strong leadership skills
- Experienced in global teams, setting and refining processes.
- Experienced in accounts receivable, billing, or finance preferred
- Experience in Customer Service Management is preferred
- Strong computer skills (i.e. excel) – Experience in Zuora and Zendesk is preferred, but not required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and professional skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle large volume of details – detailed oriented and multi-tasking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and team setting with other individuals